Jun 21, 2010

Just Like Heaven

I'm having one of those "creative emptiness" periods, my inspiration is nowhere to be found. Where did it go? 

This drawing came about when actually having a true and wonderful creative flow about a week or two. I decided I should do a zine. I had amaaaazing thoughts about this but the zine became 3 drawings instead, one of them is this. I was listening to some favorite music, as I always do to keep me going in creative mode. The song Just Like Heaven by the Cure is an old fav and while sketching I used some lyrics for this drawing.
                       

This is the raw sketch from the beginning before editing. 
I know this lack of inspiration probably won't last to long, it usually don't. My life's history has taught me that after a couple of days or weeks it all comes back in thousands of exploding colors with a little help from my friends in music.
Today this helps by the Shout Out Louds


4 comments:

Galit said...

You're so creative 99% of the time I think you maybe just need some time for a little silence and blankness.

It will come back in no time!
(I know - I'm at the same place right now and I'm not as half as creative as you are...)

Have a great Monday! xx

Carolina Grönholm said...

Thank you, this was lovely of you to say - and it do helps!

I think I need to go over to your blog to get a bit of inspiration...:)

Malachi Ward said...

Getting started on a project is always the hardest part for me. The drawings look great though!

Carolina Grönholm said...

Malachi! Thanks!
I would love to do a bigger project like you with your books, that would be the top for me. But I really don't know where to start and I'm so bad at story making...

Share |