Mar 24, 2011

Reminiscences of past creativity

Yesterday was a day of productivity and contemplation.
I made new mini illustration necklaces. 
They're a bit smaller than my other mini illustration necklaces and brooches I've made in the past and gives a very delicate look which I like. 






As I was searching through my jewelry tools I found a little box I had completely forgotten about it and so I opened it to found old pearls, stones and thread inside and memories came rushing back. I used to solder metal with stones into small jewelry pieces when I was around 15 years old. I even sold a couple of pieces to people I worked with on summer breaks. This got me thinking that maybe I should try making a jewelry piece by soldering sometime soon. See if I still have it in me, and perhaps this could be a fun little side project!

These mini illustration jewelry be up in shop soon. If you haven't noticed already, I'm helping out ARK -Animal Refuge Kansai in Japan with donating money from all profits made in my shop Late Night Drawing to help with sheltering, veterinary checks and food supplies to the animals in need around the disaster area in Japan. It's not much but it's the best I can do from here. 
Have a lovely weekend everyone!
/Carolina

No comments:

Share |