Sep 30, 2009

Graphic novels!

On my vacation I bought some books at Powell's bookstore in Portland. I loved that bookstore, the place was big and it had opened till like 11 at night I think, we never have bookstores opened that late here! After arriving to Portland late at night we went for a local beer nearby our hotel and later took a walk around the area when I noticed Powell's. I was stuck there the rest of the night. On one of our last days in Seattle we also visited Fantagraphics bookstore, finally! We were supposed to go there last year but didn't got around to it then - busy drinking coffee;) ha!
I bought It's a good life if you don't weaken by Seth ( What's his name really?) I'm really looking forward to reading this as a friend has recommended this book for some time now.





My most secret desire by Julie Doucet







Carnet de Voyage by Craig Thompson. I just HAVE to have ALL his books as I adore his work so much and I can't wait for HABIBI to be released!







And Apocalypse Nerd by Peter Bagge. After reading the Complete Buddy Bradley Stories from HATE comics I just had to buy this.


Gee I have a lot of books to read! and I haven't had the time to read my other books I bought before the trip.....
But I really like to know what other graphic novels you like?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look like great reads. I love Powell's- wish they had one in Seattle. Thank you for looking at my blog and leaving your comment- I'm glad I found yours! xo, kim

Malachi Ward said...

Those are all good choices! Asterios Polyp came out recently, and it's sooo good.

Carolina Grönholm said...

Thank you Malachi! I will look that up, great with recommendations! I'm also very interested in your book UTU!

Share |